Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I Need People...

...at least for now.

My weekend away was good. While I was pondering on how happy I was to be away from people, I stumbled on the realization that I need people. Because without people, I don't have a job. Without that job, I don't have money. Without money, I starve.

That's not to say that people are only good for money. Stacy made me cookies when I came back. I knew that it was in an attempt to woo me, but I decided to overlook that and eat them anyway. It was a good decision indeed.

As soon as I got back to work, the drama started. It turns out that on of my supervisors likes my work ethic and is recommending me for a promotion. I must say that I'm somewhat surprised - I guess things just happen quicker in New Zealand. I've just been doing my job as well as I can and apparently that's been enough. That's not the drama part though.

The drama is that Ferdu has been vying for this position for some time. Or at least that's what Stacy tells me. And yes, his name is actually Ferdu. He's one of the surfer jocks. He says that his name means "ferocious lion-eater" in the language of his ancestors. I asked him what his heritage is, but for some reason, he couldn't tell me. And if you ever saw him, you'd see he's whiter than me. Which is funny, since I'm really white. I swear he made the name up.

Ferdu even threatened me about it. As he was doing so, he even referred to himself in the third person. It was extra intimidating that way. Almost enough to make me want to refuse the position if it's offered to me. I won't though. It will give me more money, which will mean I can leave this dump sooner. And it will rip Ferdu's gitch. That'll be the best part. Ferdu isn't the man, but he desperately wants to be. And sticking it to him will sort of be like sticking it to the man.

I spoke with hot girl today. I've done well to not learn her name so far, but I'm not sure how long it will last. It was really awkward when I had to keep referring to her as "you". She seemed nice, but they always do. Until you learn their names. That's why I'm not going to be learning her name.

Maybe I should refer Ferdu to a job at ValuSave. They're all his kind there.

No comments: